Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Yesterday was a very rough day for me and I was so thankful for my sweet little girl who manages to make me smile- not matter what is going on around us. In the morning, while we were getting ready, Hailey was watching something or another on PBS...and Chuck E. Cheese is smart enough to sponsor their shows, so Hailey after she saw Chuck E. Cheese, she started talking about wanting to go to Chuck E. Cheese. I told her we couldn't go there because I didn't have any money. (no one has enough money to go there! That place has a 50 dollar cover charge!) Hailey looked right at me and said, "Momma, if you need money and have a mortgage, you can trade it for cash"! She caught me completely off guard with that one!

Later in the afternoon, she was pitching a fit because I wouldn't stop at a gas station to get her a snack and drink. (she wasn't starving! I packed a snack and drink from the house...) and I told her, "Hailey, if you yell at me one more time, I will take the snack I have for you, throw it out the window and feed it to the birds". Hailey didn't skip a beat and said, "The birds are all south for the winter. They won't be back until the spring". I couldn't argue with that one! Maybe we should cut back on the educational programing....It shouldn't be this complicated to reason with a four year old!!

No comments:

Post a Comment