Tonight was the dreaded monthly grocery shopping trip at wal-mart. On the way, Hailey said, "momma, please can we go to bojangles?" I was glad she wanted that so badly, because I didn't lay out anything to cook for dinner and I never feel like cooking and cleaning up for dinner after buying all the groceries and putting them away....Anyway, while we were eating, Hailey started talking about her birthday, and telling me that she was ready for her next birhtday, so she wanted to change her birthday to October. I told her she would have to talk to God about that, because he was the ones that decided birtdays- not mommys. Hailey sat there quietly for about forty-five seconds (for those of you that know Hailey, you know I was fixing to start checking her vitals) and then looked at me and said, "Ok. I talked to him and he said that was a great idea."....
After the interesting conversation and deliciously fattening dinner, Hailey and I headed to Walmart. Somewhere in the middle of the Wal-mart trip, Hailey started acting like a little heathen so, I told her that if she sat down and did not say another word during the rest of the shopping trip (aiming high there), I would let her buy the Hannah Montana soundtrack. To my complete surprise, Hailey did that...and I ended up having to follow through on my bribe! So far, I have listened to the hoedown throwdown three times, the Climb twice and the Best of Both Worlds once...and that was only on the ride from Wal-mart to the house!! I wonder how long it will take for the cd to get scratched?
Monday, September 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
so funny!
ReplyDelete